FAQ's about Bone Density Testing
What are some of the reasons for having a Bone Density test?
There are a variety of reasons why a bone density test would be needed. Women over 50, men, and young adults aren’t exempt from the risk of osteoporosis.
Risk factors include:
- You have already experienced a bone fracture that may be the result of thinning bones.
- Your mother, grandmother, or another close relative had osteoporosis or bone fractures.
- Over a long period of time, you have taken medication that accelerates bone loss, such as corticosteroids for treating rheumatoid arthritis or other conditions, or some anti-seizure medications.
- You have low body weight, slight build or a light complexion.
- You have a history of cigarette smoking or heavy drinking.
Directions | Forms | Contact Us | Insurance
The evaluation of bone health has become an essential component of your wellness.